Construction sites are dangerous places that require the use of a hard hat. Don’t scrimp on safety; choose from some of the best hard hats for construction sites in 2018 from our list below.
MSA Skullgard Full Brim Hard Hat with Ratchet Suspension
The MSA 475407 Skullgard is one of the best hard hat options out there and is made from carbon fiber. Not only is this hat comfortable but it will give you the maximum amount of safety out there. It comes with a ratchet system that allows you to make adjustments easily and quickly. This hat is unique because it can come in a tan color. It also has a brim that goes all the way around so that you can protect your neck and keep the rainwater off it while you work. This hat is one of the forerunners that will give you the most protection for your head. It is for working in industries where you are around grinding, sandblasting, welding, and other dangerous jobs.
One of the best features about the MSA Skullgard is that it has fiberglass strips in it. These strips help you to work safely in any environment where you will be exposed to heat. Most hard hats are made with plastic, but because these hats are made with fiberglass, they are popular for people who work in welding. They are also great hats for ship building projects and building construction work. The fiberglass can stand up to high temperatures (all the way up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit). The ratchet suspension in the hat is considered one of the easiest available to adjust and the brim that goes all the way around the hat makes it great in different weather conditions.
An overview of some of the highlights of this hat is:
- It is suitable for many different environments.
- The fiberglass material can stand up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The crown of the hat is sleek and stylish.
- The full brim gives you protection in many different elements and work environments.
- The Skullgard Cap or Hat will meet or exceed the requirements for a Type I helmet that is outlined in ANSI Z89.1 2009.
Pyramex Ridgeline Cap Style Hard Hat
The Pyramex Ridgeline Cap has a great feature for workers who will be out in the daytime hours. This hat will actually reflect the sunlight off its surface so that you can see well while you are working. These hats have a great ratchet system that can adjust to fit most heads and even have the ability to adjust for height so that you can get the best, most comfortable fit for you.
These hats are made of a thermoplastic resin which allows the hat to be low weight but still strong to protect your head. The design of that hat is a low-profile one so that when you wear it the hat has a low center of gravity, which allows you to have a better sense of balance.
Here are a few of the features of this particular hat:
- Meets ANSI Z89.1-2014 standards (Type I, Class C, G, and E) and CSA Z94.1005 Canadian standards.
- There are a variety of colors in stock and can be ordered in singles or full cases of 16.
- Ratchet suspension easily adjusted with triangle knob (6.5 to 8-inch hat size).
- Made with thermoplastic resin ABS material.
- Pressure pad has vents for additional comfort.
- Swinging hinge points so that you can get better comfort.
- Low profile for better balance.
- Rear padded suspension for more comfort on neck.
Pyramex Full Brim with Ratchet Suspensions
The shell of this hat is made from high-density polyethylene materials. The other material used with this hat is an ultra-light ABS material that gives you added strength and protection. The hat has a low center of gravity that allows you to have a better sense of balance. There are also many features in this hat for comfort. The four-point ratchet system in the hat allows you to adjust it for your own comfort. There is rear padding that gives you more comfort and there is a soft brow pad that can be replaced or washed. There are also chin straps on this hat that allow you to adjust the hat to fit your head and there are mounted earmuffs to protect your ears.
MSA Skullgard Cap Style with Ratchet Suspension
If you are working in an extremely hazardous environment, you might want to look into an MSA Safety 475395 Skullgard. This hat has a phenolic construction that is great to be able to withstand extreme temperatures. It is also an ideal hat for you if you work in the steel industry or any other type of environment in a heavy industry. There is a ratchet system with this hat that provides you with a great amount of comfort and the hat offers superior shock absorption.
Here are a few of the highlights of this hat:
- Great protection against all kinds of hazards.
- Easily adjustable ratchet system for your comfort.
- Fiberglass construction can withstand up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- CushionAire sweatband available for even more comfort.
- Can come in a variety of different colors and sizes.
All of the hats mentioned above provide excellent safety for you. Because they include fiberglass you can use all of the hats in extreme temperatures (up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit). They are great hats that will help to protect you from top impacts. The ratchet systems in these hats allow for making quick adjustments so that you can fit your hat for the most comfortable fit for you. These hats stand out from our other hats because of the materials they are made of. This is what allows you to use these hats in extreme conditions.